February 16, 1893—The Montana State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts is founded in Bozeman, Montana.
April 17, 1893—Augustus M. Ryon appointed president.
From the newspapers
- The Agricultural College, Daily Yellowstone Journal, January 07, 1893, p. 3
- For the Fourth Time, Helena Independent, January 15, 1893, p. 8
- Agricultural College, Helena Independent, April 05, 1893, p. 8
- For Agricultural Students, Weekly Tribune, April 07, 1893, p. 4
- Agricultural Schools, Anaconda Standard, April 15, 1893, p. 6
- The Experiment Station, Anaconda Standard, April 26, 1893, p. 6
- Professor Ryon Honored, New North-west, April 29, 1893, p. 3
- Ready Now for Work, Anaconda Standard, September 11, 1893, p. 1
- The Montana State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Anaconda Standard, September 14, 1893, p. 3
Search for these terms in combination, proximity, or as phrases: montana agricultural college, mac, augustus m. ryon (or a.m. ryon)
To find more
Written by Catherine W. Ockey